Hey y'all! Newbie here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sthrngirl87, Mar 12, 2015.

1. sthrngirl87

sthrngirl87 Just Hatched

Mar 10, 2015
    Bedford, Virginia
    Hey y'all! I am new here and thought I would introduce myself. I am a little 'ol country girl that was born and raised in Georgia and been livin' in Virginia since 2007. I am really loving this site so far! I was raised in a small town in south Georgia working/helping my great-grandfather on his farm. He had acres and acres of peaches, peanuts, cotton and other orchards. He grew any kind of vegetable and fruit you could really think of. He also raised chickens, cows, pigs and donkeys. When I was growing up I would not only work and help, but I would also play in the orchards and fields and loved to play with the animals. The chickens and the hogs were definitely my two favorite animals to be around. Ever since I was a little kid I wanted to have chickens of my own. And I finally have them. My little chicks will be 3 weeks old on Friday 3/13/15. I have 4 Red Stars and 2 Barred Rocks. They are all hens. They are in the house right now under a heat lamp of course until they have all of their feathers. I have a son who is almost 4 and he absolutely LOVES to watch them. He will sit in his little chair right next to them and talk to them and laugh at them when they get to chasing each other around in circles. And he thinks it is just hilarious when they flap their little wings. Anyway, I am so happy that I finally have my chickens and can't wait to start this adventure of raising my own. I hope to meet and get to know some nice, down-to-earth people in here!! Thanks for reading this!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Oh your son is adorable. What well behaved little guy, to sit and watch them. I would love to pull up a chair and watch with him.

1 person likes this.
  3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Yes, the kids sure to love the chicks! Your son is just adorable here!

Enjoy your new babies! If you have any questions along the way about anything, feel free to ask us here.

Welcome to our flock!

1 person likes this.
  4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

Your son seems to really love the chicks! Chickens make such great pets for children. You've picked out some nice breeds for a starter flock- Red Stars in particular tend to be excellent layers and very docile.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm so happy you joined us!

1 person likes this.
  6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Chicks and children were just made for each other!

Enjoy your chickens!

1 person likes this.
  7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by