Hey y'all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jaked418, Feb 8, 2016.

1. jaked418

jaked418 New Egg

Feb 7, 2016
    New to urban chickens. Just received three hens on Sunday. One that is a year old and two about 5 months. The girls look comfortable in their coop and run. Just waiting for the first egg! [​IMG]

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Jake and welcome to BYC - great to have you join us. Congrats on your new arrivals - I'm sure you will get some eggs soon - they all need to settle in, and the 5 month olds may need a few more weeks, but who knows?

All the best
    CT

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new girls :celebrate I'm sure you will enjoy your new chicken adventures, they are fab to keep. Lots of fun and very rewarding too. Have you checked out the learning centre? Lots of great articles there that will help you keep your girls happy, safe and healthy. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck, be sure to ask any questions that you may. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congratulations on getting your flock, hope you are enjoying them. You might want to think about replacing the chicken wire with hardware cloth. Hardware cloth is much better at protecting the birds and even though it costs more, it may save you from having to replace them.

Good luck and if you have questions, always feel free to ask!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the BYC flock. 1/2" hardware cloth is pretty much the gold standard for keeping predators out. They cannot claw and bite through it like flimsy chicken wire.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by