Hey Y'all!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fishsticks84, Apr 24, 2017.

1. fishsticks84

fishsticks84 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2017
    Texas
    New here to the site and finally own my first little flock. I've grown up around chicks because my mom raises them and I'm excited to share the experience with my two kids. We currently have 1-silkie 2-buff Orpington 3-BR 3-amerucanas 1- of something else not sure of what breed it is, I do know it's a bantam and 3- solid black ones, may be blk sex links??? I'll post pics later. :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    :welcome

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  4. Kyanite

Kyanite Loving Life! Premium Member

May 27, 2016
    SE Idaho
    Hello and [​IMG]
    Congrats on your own little flock! Sounds like a fun mix.

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you decided to join us.

Congrats on getting your own flock. Hope your children enjoy their new adventure.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under fishsticks84 [​IMG] Welcome!

I see you found the Breed & Gender Forum so I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. fishsticks84

Apr 24, 2017
    Texas
    Thank y'all! We love our little chicks!! I honestly think my hubby enjoys them more lol he could sit out there all afternoon and just watch them play. He's got them so spoiled already by predator proofing their coop and my two kids enjoy coming home to them and sitting the yard petting them. I think we definitely made the right choice by adding to our family :)

8. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Welcome to the game, Mrs. Fishsticks.

I remember well the thrill of just setting in the coop with the girls.

Good looking guard dog there in the picture.

How old are your children? But about any age can enjoy raising chickens.

Again, welcome and don't forget those pictures you promised. (We like pictures)

Spook

9. fishsticks84

Apr 24, 2017
    Texas
    My kids are 8 & 5 and in my profile pic is our 5 year old dog Domino. He's surprisingly doing extremely well with our flock. We had to gradually introduce him to the girls but over a couple of weeks he's really shown improvement. The chicks will jump on his back when he's laying out there with them and he even heards them around if they wander off to far in the yard. I agree he is an excellent little guard dog especially since we have feral cats all around. When I let the girls out today I'll try and snap some pics ;)

10. fishsticks84

Apr 24, 2017
    Texas
    This little one was labeled as Ameraucana but come to find out they are RIR :( we still love on them though
    [​IMG]

This is one of our Barred Rocks taking a nap after an afternoon of foraging in the yard :)
    [​IMG]

I actually had no clue what she was until a member here told me...they said she is a silver laced cochin and she is named HaiHai off of the Disney movie Moana, she's my son's pet. In the back is Thelma, she is one of our buff Orpingtons, we have 2 & the other one is Louise. They are named after the girls in Scooby Doo....gotta love having kids right :)
    [​IMG]

I'm still waiting to hear back from the other thread on what these babies are.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope maybe today I can snap a pic or two of our silkie. Enjoy the pics :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by