Hey Y'all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vanitywho, Apr 24, 2017.

1. vanitywho

vanitywho New Egg

Apr 24, 2017
    My name is Vanity! I am twenty-seven and live in Virginia! I have been raising chickens for about 5 years now. Before moving into a new location I was raising about 37 hens and two roosters along with 2 ducks, one Pekin female and a East Indian drake! They eventually had 4 beautiful ducklings together!! I have since then, rehomed them all and started a smaller flock due to circumstances I could not control! I am now housing 6 new babies outside and just got Adley (the Blue Cochin Bantam in my profile picture!) and Adley will be my house chicken! This will be my first time having a house chicken so that is super exciting! I am very happy to be here with you all and look forward to hearing and responding to everyone!!

Have a happy clucking day! ;) <3

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under vanitywho [​IMG] Welcome!

You might be interested in joining this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/299187/people-with-house-chickens

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - thanks for joining us.

4. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    Why, Hello Vanity.

So glad you've found the time to drop by. You'll find some
    people here with house chickens.

I had a funny story about house chickens and my furniture.
    That didn't work out right.

But you just jump in anywhere, making new friends as you go.
    A lot of us have had to start over for one reason or another. We're
    here to help each other.

Spook

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Vanity, thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. My friend has had house chickens of various breeds for over 25 years. Long before the trend of "people with house chickens." Currently she has 2 matronly serama hens, and one younger silkie hen. Previously she had 5 house chickens at one time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by