Hey yall!

FFABroilermom

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2020
so hey my name is Taylor and I am raising broilers in high school for FFA and 14/30 of the broilers I have, have a lump on the side of their neck and I am concerned because I have raised chickens my whole life and I have never seen this. I hope this can resolve itself or I can get help because I am bringing them to show on the 6th of February for money. and I just got them on Friday and it is Sunday night. so help!
20201213_223303 (3).jpg

so hey my name is Taylor and I am raising broilers in high school for FFA and 14/30 of the broilers I have, have a lump on the side of their neck and I am concerned because I have raised chickens my whole life and I have never seen this. I hope this can resolve itself or I can get help because I am bringing them to show on the 6th of February for money. and I just got them on Friday and it is Sunday night. so help!View attachment 2448834
20201204_10372515.jpg

Hello, Taylor, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
That lump appears to be just the full crop. Your chicks are Cornish Cross birds and they eat A LOT.
Why is the chick in the picture wet? It should be dried immediately as a chilled chick can die. Keep the brooder very dry and clean and make sure you increase size as the chicks zoom to processing weight in a couple of months. Good luck!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom