Hey yall

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mandy814, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mandy814

Mandy814 New Egg

Mar 16, 2013
    My name is Mandy. I have been married for almost 13 years, and have 3 great boys (wish I could say little, but little they are not). I got my start with chickens 2 years ago this very week really. We started with 4 little chicks we got from TSC. Colonel Sanders, as my husband dubbed him was the only one that lived. He was actually a mix-up from the hatchery. He is a white Silkie. Our little old neighbor came over with 3 little pullets and gave them to the boys because he felt so bad. And that’s when it all started.
    Never would I have thought I would love having chickens so much. My husband even built me a bench out by our coop so I could sit while I let the chickens out in the evenings. He calls me the crazy chicken lady.
    About this time last year we bought some more chicks to add to a little flock. And one of my boys bought himself a pair of pekin ducks. All we wanted was some eggs for the house. That soon grew to eggs for our family and friends. Now it’s grown into my want to explore more into the world of hatching and breeding. I’m still very much into my research phase, and I have used this site so many times over the last 2 years to answer so many of my questions that I am now a new member. And look forward to all the great advice. I even went a bought some ACV today for the chickens due to they just came out of molting. [​IMG]

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]
    from one crazy chicken lady to another! [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, Mandy814, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community!! Best of luck to you and your mixed flock!

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey, Mandy, glad that you have joined our community.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by