Hey Yogiman.....Thanks!

GAhen

Songster
12 Years
Aug 2, 2007
Carrollton GA
I got my chicks from Gordie this morning.
The post office called at 7:01 this am and I was there at 7:28 a.m..
They look good other that a couple with "spraggly" legs but I think that will resolve itself.
I got 10 Blue orp and 10 BLRW....
Thanks for the tip.
All went well.
Tammie

Quote:
Tammie

How long did it take for Gordie to get to your first e-mail?

How long after that for the chicks?

Thanks

John (sittin in the e-mail que)

About a week on the e-mail, and It depends on when he plans to incubate.....It took 3 weeks for me cause he was.putting them in the bator that week-end.
So, about 1 month total. I will try to get pic today. They are so Cute.
I have eggs from TOH in the bator and eggs from Bama Chicken going in today.
My dream of blue orps is coming true!!!
Good luck to you John.
He will get to you.....I wish I could help, but all I can say is I have learned to be patient when it comes to chickens!!!
Tammie

GAhen wrote:
I got my chicks from Gordie this morning.

Just saw your post almost 24 hrs. later. So glad to hear that you got your chicks. Wishing you the best of luck with them. No thanks necessary. Just glad I could help.
I'm some what surprised that you got them yesterday because Gordie had a terrible accident Sunday when a dairy cow penned him down and gored him breaking several ribs, his wrist and injuring his thigh. I got an e-mail from him Monday and he is pretty beat up.
Keep me posted on the progress of your chicks and we need some pics to see.​

That is terrible! I hope has a speedy recovery!
He sent the chicks right on time....I am even more impressed after hearing that story.
I hope to get pictures up today.
thanks again!
Tammie

Quote:
I e-mailed him on the 21st of April,
smile.png
Told him I knew he was a busy
man and that I would wait on him.

Thanks for the info

John

That's too bad about Gordie's run in with the cow. I've got eggs from him in the incubator now. We've got beef cows so I know how upset they can get sometimes....expecially if we're tagging their calves. I hope he has a quick recovery.

Back
Top Bottom