Heya all you Paypal fiends, could you help me out? Please? :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Riocotesei, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    I have a person that is wanting to buy a puppy from me, and she won't have cash until the weekend. She has suggested to pay though paypal.
    I was wondering how receiving a payment through paypal works. I have only ever spent money through paypal. [​IMG]
    Does it go directly into my bank account as soon as it received and confirmed?
    I don't want to get tricked or scammed, and if it sounds like a bad I idea then we can wait til Saturday.
    What information does she need for her to send a payment to my account?

Thanks for any and all help! [​IMG]
  2. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    have her send you a check or money order instead..i wouldnt use paypal.
  3. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    it would be easier to just wait till she has the cash and can give it to you. But I think what happens is the money is placed in your pay-pal account and then you have to request it to either be mailed to you or deposited in your back. Not 100% but I think this is how it works.
  4. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    How is she paying through paypal if she isn't going to have cash until the weekend? I thought you needed a bank account to be verified? I would wait for cash in hand no check, no money order, cash only. Something doesn't sound right about it to me.

Oh and say the buyer decides to make a stink about something and contacts paypal for a refund. Paypal will in turn go after you to get the money back.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Sounds shady. I'd wait until she has cash.
  6. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:That's easy. Lots of times I've had money in my paypal account and no cash.

What you will need to do is look in your paypal account once she has sent it. Some payments can take up to a week to clear, some are instant. You will know by looking at it which kind it is.
  7. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    She probably wants to pay you with a credit card via paypal.

It depends on the type of account you have. some accounts have limits on types of payments they can recieve. So if you have never upgraded your account( that is free) then you probably have a limit( im not sure what it is ).

you can also apply for a paypal debit card that draws right off of your account balance.

It takes 3-5 business days for money in your paypal account to be transferred to your bank account.

personally, unless you use paypal a lot, or its a lot of money i would just wait til saturday.
  8. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    She can charge it to her credit card if she pays your with PayPal. I think you have to pay fees for it (I haven's sold anthing in a long time and they changed everything since then).
  9. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We use paypal alot.

Never give out your account info is the #1 rule.

Get the persons paypal name and you can send them an invoice. If they are a member their info will show up, if not it will prompt them to join. That's one way you can tell if they are on the up and up. If you send them an invoice be specific, Puppy, x weeks old, breed, buyer to pick up on date etc etc. That will all go into the transaction and they can't come back and say you were going to deliver or something like that. To get the money out you can request a check which costs a $1.50 or transfer the money to your bank account for free.

10. jessaw1981

jessaw1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Franklin Nc
    I love pp its so easy. just make sure you let the payment say complete before you send the puppy. if she takes it out of her bank it won't take long and you can withdraw pp funds to your bank account. there is a small fee I think but Mabey its only after son many times I think you can do it 3 times without a fee. that's all there is to it. if she pays with a credit cases it might take a day to say complete but pp takes the money so when it complete there is no bounce or no money its there. o and a word of advice I go on a site called listia its all free stuff anyway sometimes you pay shipping well the lady asked that I mark it gift so she did not have to pay a fee so I did and never.got my silly cups and because I marked gift pp could not give my money back so don't mark gift lol. only problem I have ever had.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by