Heya!

christenhm

Hatching
Oct 2, 2015
New York
Hey everyone, I just started to get chickens this summer and now it's gotten a little crazy. I LOVE chickens! My mother built a chicken tractor, and since then has moved to Florida the day I picked my chickens up. I had another friend give me his coop since he wants to move... I've accrued 6 hens, a rooster, and 6 ducks (2 drakes)... And I'm picking up another 3 this weekend! I've never had chickens and I'm a little nervous about wintering them here in NY. Any seasoned chicken people out there willing to give some wisdom and advice? :) TIA

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on getting your chicken and duck adventures started :celebrate It sounds like you have a case of chicken math going on there!! It can creep up on you a,d no chicken keeper is immune from it. You might like to find your state thread and ask in there how other keepers in your area get through and cope with the winter. Here is the where am I where are you section for all the state threads ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Wishing you the very best of luck in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Be sure to check out the "Learning Center" tab up above. There are a lot of great articles there to get you well on your way.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. All of us here at BYC have OCD (Obsessive Chicken Disorder) and very few of us are immune to Chicken Math. :eek:) X2 on Trailrider330; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to BYC!

Be careful of that chicken math thing, it can get kind of crazy!

Back
Top Bottom