Heylo from Arizona

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SchizoSkittles, Aug 19, 2010.

1. SchizoSkittles

SchizoSkittles Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    I joined last Friday but have been so caught up in trying to find the laws for chickens in Arizona that I haven't gotten around to introducing myself here yet. I did introduce myself in the Arizona Chickens thread, I just thought I should stop by here as well.

I'm a semi-new wife/mommy currently living in an apartment in Mesa, so I don't have any chickens yet. I grew up in Gilbert and we often had chickens and a garden, so I can't wait to have a place of my own to do the same. It's been a long time since I've had chickens, so I'm going to have a lot of questions. I'm planning on getting a dairy goat as well (and a dog and sugar glider). My husband can attest that nothing cheers me up more than animals. Unfortunately, due to the limitations of apartment living, all we have is a betta fish.
    Before getting married I was studying creative writing and illustration in college. I am a children's book writer and illustrator. I'm also in love with music. I play piano and I have a guitar that I have yet to learn to play. I took piano lessons from when I was about 7 and quit when I was 14, I could not comprehend the importance of music theory and hated practicing. Now I can't get peace of mind without practicing and I'm going back to the basics of my music instruction to "do it right", learn the fundamentals of music, develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of how it works, and discover how to write my own. So far my biggest lesson has been that parents are right when they say "When you're an adult, you'll wish you didn't quit."
    That's all I really have to say for now. I'm so happy to be here and can't wait to have my own chickens! Thank you for all that you do.

2. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    [​IMG] even though I've already seen you around ;-)

3. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson and [​IMG] Hope you find that perfect place to raise your birds!

4. trishamonks

trishamonks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    hi from ireland and a big [​IMG]

5. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    [​IMG] from ct

6. TheBarnSwallow

TheBarnSwallow [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Lit

Welcome to the BYC from Oklahoma
    Plenty of folks to help you sneak in your chickens .. ha ha
    And even more so people who are very wise in all things poultry ect

[​IMG]

7. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    [​IMG] from Maine!! [​IMG]

8. SchizoSkittles

SchizoSkittles Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Thank you all for your welcomes!

TheBarnSwallow- HeeHee Hopefully there will be no need to sneak chickens anywhere soon. I just found a beautiful house that would be perfect for all my ambitions.

MysticScorpio- I really like your icon! Isn't that from His and Her Circumstances? I'm on Etsy, too! I don't have anything in my store yet, but I'm working on it.

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by