Hi All! Can you help me ID these Bantams? :)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Spiritof76, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Spiritof76

Spiritof76 Just Hatched

Nov 13, 2016
    Hello All! New here. I just recently adopted these Bantams and am trying to identify their breed. Anyone know what they might be?

Thanks in Advance![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Those are Silver Barnevelders.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

4. Spiritof76

Spiritof76 Just Hatched

Nov 13, 2016
    Thanks! That was super fast. These Bantams are some seriously friendly birds. They are easy to grab and are not to eager to take off once you have them in hand. Nice birds!

5. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    Silver Barnevelders must be rare, I don't think any hatcheries sell them. Did you get them from a private breeder?

6. Spiritof76

Spiritof76 Just Hatched

Nov 13, 2016
    Very rare. There is one that sells them, and I think the person who I got these from might have purchased them there. Right now this pair is in quarantine and being cared for as I hope to get some fertilized eggs and incubate them. If all goes well in a few months I will check back in and offer them up if anyone is interested. i dont really care about the $$, I just want others to enjoy these little guys like I do.

Thanks again!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. UberchicRanch

UberchicRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2015
    New England
    Hi all,

Just wanted to say "hi" and mention we are breeders of Silver Double Laced Barnevelders in the STANDARD size, not Bantam size. So Standard birds could get up to 8-9 lbs., compared to about 1 pound for the Bantam. Please let us know if we could help. Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by