Hi all :) chicken in chicago

Peruvianchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Hi all,
My name is sara and I live on the northside of Chicago. Im 16, and had a rooster for awhile when I was younger, a dyed green one I got from a friend. He is now living at a farm
Now ive stumbled upon a week old chick and need some help
she is really small and cute but does not want to sleep or eat the chick feed i got her although she loves dried meal worms
how can i keep her warmer? and how can i take best care of her?
shes black wit whites spots
im happy to be joining

AZBootsie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 10, 2010
Congress, AZ
My Coop

Does she have a heat lamp or any type of heat now?? Days are hot enough I am sure, but if night time temps are below 90 or so, she may need some extra heat.

kidcody

Crowing
9 Years
Nov 1, 2010
Autumn Farm English Orpingtons
It's important that she does eat her chick food. Why she is not sleeping could be because she is to cold. Do you have a heat light on her? Try wetting her chick feed and making a mash for. She might like that better. Is she the only chick you have? I'm glad you joined BYC! We are here:welcome to try to help you with your new chick!
from WA. glad you joined us

Peruvianchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Quote:yes
she has a heat lamp that i use for my turtle, and i made her a temporary heatn pad that i hafta reheat evry 6 hours
but she still peeps all night
n only sleeps wen i hold her
could she still be cold?

Peruvianchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
Quote:I tried that but she chokes a little. I know with other birds you can feed their crop directly, but can i do that on her?
is their anythng else shell eat? And thank you
i appreciate the help so much :')

redsoxs

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
North Central Kansas
from Kansas, Peruvianchick.
Glad you joined us. I agree with AZBootie...chicks and chickens are very social and kinda freak out when they are alone. Best of luck getting her settled in!

Top Bottom