Hi all, duck momma here.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dark Angel, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Dark Angel

Dark Angel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2016
    Just wanted to say hi. I've learned alot from googling and this forum always comes up. So I finally decided to join. I'm a duck momma. I lost my first flock nearly 3 weeks ago to coyotes, or a fox. 4 Pekins, and aBuff. I had a smaller flock of 8 wk olds that hid. 2 Mallards, 1 Indian Runner, and 1 khaki Campbell. A week ago I purchased 4 ducklings, supposedly 2 Pekins, and 2 Pekin / Swedish blue cross. But thete is a good chance they maybe Muscovys Just have to wait and see, lol. My flock is called the Rotten Entourage flock. With the first ones I always said they were rotten, and they answered to it, so their call was rotten, rotten, rotten. They followed me around like an entourage, so hince the Rotten Entourage was born, lol. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. uncertainty

uncertainty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2015
    Great White North
    Hi; glad you joined BYC. I find this to be a great resource, members are very generous with their time and advice. Cool name - those famous folk with human entourages don't know what they are missing!

4. AckTrac

AckTrac New Egg

Jun 13, 2016
    I'm also a new duck mom. I'm sorry to hear about your flock :(.

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

LOL...love the names! Have you found our Duck section yet? You will want to join in on all the duck chat there, share stories and pictures of your birds...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Enjoy your babies and welcome to our flock!

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Sorry to hear about the loss of your flock. I hope things will go great with the new start!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may want to check out the predator threads and ask how you can fortify your set up to prevent another attack.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by