Hi all from Alabama

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickeggdiction, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Chickeggdiction

Chickeggdiction Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2016
    Alabama
    Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I am from a small town just outside of Montgomery, AL called Pike Road. This will be my second year raising backyard chickens. My first batch of 5 started and addiction. I recently received an order of 15 new rare breed assortments of chicks from Meyer's and they all arrived healthy and happy except on Maran that has a slight limp. I've checked her carefully and am finding nothing obviously wrong. I look forward to learning more about chickens from each of you!

2. JetCat

JetCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2015
    Southeast Alabama
    [​IMG]

Welcome fellow Alabamian!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad to have you join us.

If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things chicken.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Laura. Glad you joined the BYC flock. If you want to post on your state thread, just put Alabama in the search box and it will pop up.

6. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Laura, [​IMG]

Chickens are easy to get hooked on, I think a lot of people here would agree with that, lol. For the little one with a bad leg, you can try posting about her on the emergency forum with all the details you can think of and maybe a picture. Someone there might be able to offer you some ideas about what to do about her leg.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck to you!

7. truettaa

truettaa New Egg

May 20, 2015
    Alabama
    Hi Laura,
    I'm in east Montgomery, quite close to Pike Road. I, too, started with chickens about a year ago and have gone from 10 4-H chick chain chicks to about 90+ (mostly babies now, trying to get them housed properly and out of the garage)! I'm rather new to this site, although it's a great resource on Facebook.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by