Hi all ! ! from Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LynnMarie, Feb 13, 2013.

1. LynnMarie

LynnMarie Out Of The Brooder

Hi there everyone, my name is Lynn and I am new to chicken keeping. It started out as my husbands idea, but now it is realy cool and the baby chicks are so cute!!

We have 16 babys, 6 about 8-10 days old and the other 10 only 4-5 days. I was just researching how to clean the poop that is stuck to some of the youngest chicks and I found this site, and the perfect thread from a while back that explains my problem perfectly along with a great solution. What a relief, I felt so stupid typing in google how to clean poop from a baby chick, lol.

Well, I am really glad i found you guys and also glad I have a place to post my questions.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC. Glad you found the info you needed to help your babies. Enjoy them as they grow way too fast

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. LynnMarie

LynnMarie Out Of The Brooder

Thanks for the wlecome!!

I am located in West Lake Worth, Florida, will make a proper profile in a bit.

We have had our baby chicks for less than a week now and they really have grown. they currently live in a modified, large, wire dog cage, on my screened in patio. We are currently working on turning an old storage shed into a coop and then add a run onto it. My house is on an acre so we will be letting the girls, when they get bigger that is, be roaming during the day and in the coop at night. We are pretty handy, but if anyone was any ideas or advise, something a newbie may not anticipate, I would be grateful.

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

7. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy from central Florida!!! Glad u joined us!
    ( go floridians!) ;)

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, LynnMarie, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! That's the same way I found BYC a couple years ago - searching for something and stumbled onto it. Now that I've learned this place has all the answers, I never look anywhere else. Good luck to you and your birds!!

10. Cudjoe Farms

Cudjoe Farms New Egg

Jan 13, 2013
    Florida Keys
    Welcome from a fellow Floridian. Great site isn't it, Very, very helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by