Hi All from newbie animal nut Lu Ann.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tweety647, Feb 23, 2017.

1. tweety647

tweety647 New Egg

Feb 23, 2017
    I am in Yuma now for 30 years, euck!! As a nurse I came to care for my ailing parents, they passed away 20 and 10 years ago leaving me ALL ALONE!! I have a 3 legged doberman, a blue almost hairless pitbull,a grumpy York is mix and a over loveable Maltese mix. Also are 4 house cats and 5 outside cats. ALSO, in the mix are finches and an empty at the moment pond!! I am looking g for a couple baby geese now. I have been looking for a couple tortoise but can not find any I can afford. I had turtles but at age 64 they are just TOO much cleaning!! I am retired but have my own Secret shopping business that helps feed all my babies?? If anyone knows where I can find a couple healthy baby geese please let me know, or if someone would love to give away a couple tortoises I would love to take them!! The more the merrier-I am sure you all agree!! Haha It will be nice to learn about you all I hope as I am alone and need a couple human friends.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Lu Ann you should feel right at home here. BYC is filled with animal nuts and are great enablers. We will never say you have to many. If you put your state name in the search box above, it should pop up. You may find you have local BYCERS and you needn't be lonely. Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock. [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Best of luck finding the geese you want!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Lu Ann, and [​IMG]! It's great to have you in our community!

6. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Welcome to BYC! There is a ton of information here, just use the magic search box!

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

7. silkieRaiser

silkieRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2016
    Seattle, Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    I hope to see you around the forums!!!!

8. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! :)

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Lu Ann [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some great advice and links I will just wish you all the best on your search.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by