hi all help need once again

helens happyhen

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 30, 2012
the first one i have 15 eggs in inc and due to go into lock down tom i take it i just leave them to it i know i dont have to turn them in this time and up humity any thing else?
and 2 i have a broody hen which was sitting on 6 eggs i say was as one as vanished do they kick out bad ones so to say etc and she is also being pooped on by others ?

have you incubated eggs before? if not you want to take them out of turner (if they are in one). up your humidity by putting some water soaked sponges, or i like to roll paper towels in the water trays and then put the water over them...it really helps up the humidity.

second on your broody hen, the others may be try to lay with her and that could be where your egg has gone, busted! if she is being pooped on maybe you should put something over the top of her. how long has she been sitting? like a tree sided box to make her a roof

no this is the first time at any chicks at all decided we would inc so did that first and got the 15 eggs in there they not in tray all doing what they should the my hen decided to go broody and rather than take eggs out of inc and give her i put some new ones in she has been sitting for a week but only 3 days on fertile eggs she has gone quite nasty and does not like you moving her food food as i noticed she not coming off at all so when i got collect others eggs at 11ish i kick her out she has quick peck at food and bit water and runs back to them

Back
Top Bottom