Hi all, I am writing from the UK. I have a massive problem and I am hoping someone can help.

Archies Mum

Hatching
Jul 26, 2020
HI, I have had a dove cote for almost ten years. I am now single and cannot keep up with all the cleaning etc. I am also at risk of being compulsory purchased as there is a motor soon to be built nearby.
I have mostly pigeons now with maybe two fantails....how can I take the dovecote away? Or....what will happen to it if I move?
I don't want to rehome with me as it's too much work for me now. I am at my wits end!!

Ah, thanks for your reply. Yes, we do have ebay and the dove breeder did exactly that. I am concerned though because most of my birds are just mixtures mainly of pigeons so I can't imagine anyone would want them!

You could post online (does the UK have a form of Craigslist?) and see if someone will come and buy/take the pigeons, probably at night so they'll all or mostly be there, that way you know they're safe?
Hi again, I have discovered Craigslist over here and have posted so thank you for your advice! Fingers crossed someone will be able to look after it and them!

Back
Top Bottom