hi all i have magpie ducks

dian79

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
I have magpie ducks and my female has had two of her eggs hatch today and how long will it take for the other three to hatch as i have never had ducklings before. can you please tell me if i have to do anythink i have got chick feed and they have fresh water in a water feeder change three to four times a day. I would like to know if they are alright to stay with mum and dad duck.
Many thanks

Last edited:
You will need to watch closely - some moms or dads can get aggressive to the point of injuring or even, in some cases, killing the ducklings. Watch as closely as you can.

The other eggs may take days to hatch, I think - I am not a hatcher.

And those two littles?
love.gif

Last edited:
got up at 7:00 am to find two of the duckling where dead she had squashed them and the other one that had hatch was cold and only just breathing.
the other two eggs have just hatch so i have took all three of her and the cold one is doing well now.
how long will it take for the two that have hatch to go fluffy and they are not moving but are breathing i have got them under a heat lamp.
many thanks dian

Last edited:
got up at 7:00 am to find two of the duckling where dead she had squashed them and the other one that had hatch was cold and only just breathing.
the other two eggs have just hatch so i have took all three of her and the cold one is doing well now.
how long will it take for the two that have hatch to go fluffy and they are not moving but are breathing i have got them under a heat lamp.
many thanks dian
It takes a while for them to fluff up just keep them warm around 90* right now and just watch, they won't need to eat or drink for about 24 hrs after hatch. Very sorry about the loss but glad you found the others and have saved them, keep us updated on how it's going.

The two that have hatch are moving abit now
Aww so precious.. this evening if moving around well[ and you might want to put an old clean towel under them for the first 24-36 hrs just so they have good traction] you could try offering some room temp water with some poultry vitamins in it, just make sure you supervise so they don't stumble into waterer and can't get out, in other words they are able to hold their heads up. Thanks for update.

The fluffy one been drinking the other two have not had any and the fluffy one start chirping when i leave the room and it starts the other two off.
Thank you for your help

The fluffy one been drinking the other two have not had any and the fluffy one start chirping when i leave the room and it starts the other two off.
Thank you for your help
The fluffy one has imprinted on you the other 2 will most likely imprint on the fluffy one, so now you are a duck mama.
smile.png
Congrats!!!

They are all moving around and chirping loads the all fluffy now will put a new picture up tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom