Hi all, new BYC member from Central Ontario

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cedarcroft, May 1, 2011.

1. cedarcroft

cedarcroft Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Joined because i have a question - the instructions on my Brinsea don't cover turkeys. I have 9 bourbon red/wild eggs in, and i can't seem to get the Brinsea to run at 37.5 like i read on the internet - it only wans to run at 37.4 or 37.6. But i will try and locate the turkey forum and pose that there. We are: a dozen Dark Brahmas - standard and banty most notably Mezzo Forte the Third (MF II got me to the Royal); Donald and Daisy and their muscovy family; Bert and his 4 girls (Pekins); Scrappy Chicken and her roo (easter eggers) and of course Tom and Edwina my bourbon red pair, their 2 one-year-old daughters and the 3 wild turkeys that were orphaned last summer and spent the winter in our barn. The wild girls come and go these days but Tom has been covering them so i hope some of my eggs are cross-fertile! I am a poultry NUT!!!!! Only been at it 5 years. Learn something every day. Show the Dark Brahmas all over central ontario. [​IMG]

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I know nothing of turkeys...at least the non people kind, so I can't help you on that, but welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

3. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    Quote:Hello and welcome to BYC from BC. If you look through the index there's a category for turkeys, might find your answer there [​IMG]

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    [​IMG]

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. I agree with Caat. You should post this question under the turkeys. You should get more help there. Sorry I can't help. [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    [​IMG]

8. cedarcroft

cedarcroft Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    Wow - BYC you are a very welcoming bunch. Thank you, i will try finding the index and the turkey folks from there. Thanks for the welcome!

9. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] from Texas.
    I hatch turkey's but I dont own a Brinsea. [​IMG]
    But there is tons of info on this site.

10. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    Quote:very first blue box at the top, INDEX is your very first option [​IMG]

Not only do we love new people, we are also FANTASTIC enablers!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by