1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi all!!! New member from the UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DancingWthDucks, Feb 21, 2016.

1. DancingWthDucks

DancingWthDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    Hi, my name is Charlotte and I live in Cumbria, England. I have been hovering on this site for a while before deciding to become a member. I have a cat, rabbits and guineapigs, two hybrid hens and 6 partridge wyanndottes hatching out in the incubator. I look forward to meeting you all and finally be able to chat about poultry all day long without driving my friends and family crazy!:woot

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Welcome to BYC.

3. LRH97

LRH97 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Southern Illinois
    Welcome to the flock from Southern Illinois, USA! You came to the right place to chat about all things poultry. I know I have already driven my family crazy from talking about my favorite poultry breeds all the time! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  4. DancingWthDucks

DancingWthDucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2016
    Cumbria, UK
    Thank you for your warm welcomes! :frow

5. Humphreys

Humphreys New Egg

Feb 21, 2016
    Holton, Suffolk, England
    Hi just signed up too, just finished building run and coop this weekend, picking up our first 4 hens next weekend.

6. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Welcome to BYC too, make sure you get a big enough coop, with only 4 chickens, you may start to feel the effects of chicken math:)

7. Humphreys

Humphreys New Egg

Feb 21, 2016
    Holton, Suffolk, England
    Thanks, I built a 10ft x 8ft run and in it coop which is big enough for 8 chickens, can't wait to pick them up now

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I guess BYC is a kinda "Chickens Anonymous" so we can talk chicken without getting weird looks all the time. Good luck with your impending hatch and i hope that things are drying out up there - actually, maybe ducks would have been a better call? [​IMG] I'm from Yorkshire originally and i was home around Xmas time and i think that between you guys and the great county of Yorkshire ([​IMG]) we had more than our fair share of the wet stuff!

All the best
    CT

10. Sherlock Watson

Sherlock Watson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2016
    Salish Sea Region
    Welcome to BYC! I hope that you have really really good time on here! What is your favourite breed of chicken? I

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by