Hi All! New to chickens - one of them sings?

AmySG

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 20, 2013
Hello. I am brand new to chickens. Got my first six bantams from the local feed store about two weeks back and they were likely three or four days old at the time. So far, so good, I've had a couple of sticky butts but otherwise they have been healthy and fun, living in my kitchen for now. They are starting to really feather out. I'll post pics as soon as my camera battery charges so I can transfer them.

I wanted a variety pack of colors, and since they weren't sexed I fear I will end up with too many roos. I live in the country so that won't be a problem unless they are aggressive with each other, which will be terrible because they are all so sweet right now I would hate to have to get rid of some!

Has anyone else had a chic which peeped like a song bird? I can't figure out which one it is, but whereas most of the chics do the usual peeping thing, one of them seems to warble!

Hello, and welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif
Glad to have you aboard!!
woot.gif

My little flock of peepers:
Copper

Gold

Silver

Cumulo

Nimbus

Cloud

Thanks! That is the chick that started it all. It was already feathering and was beautiful, and made up my mind to buy my first chickens. It is the smallest of the bunch and gets confused at treat time so misses out on most of them.

Back
Top Bottom