Hi all, newbie here from northern california

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by littlestorm, Aug 20, 2010.

1. littlestorm

littlestorm New Egg

Aug 20, 2010
    Hello all, I just wanted to introduce us. I am a new chicken owner. My sister has about 20 chickens, all types, and I enjoy them everytime I visit her. I can sit and watch them for hours. She would call me all the time telling me about her chickens, stuff she learned. You know, stuff like: "did you know..... and guess what they did today..... So one day I decided to take a couple. I got to pick out my favorites (after she told me which ones I could not have for sure). I took a frizzle. Her name is Cruella. She has an attitude. She was not at the top of the pecking order but she takes nothing from no one. She is about 1 1/2 years old. I also took a polish, named Sandy. My sister actually bought her and the roo so Sandy was already laying. My sister thinks she is around 1 year old. She is a very sweet bird, follows me around the coop, let's me pick her up and carry her around. The last bird I wanted was a bird my sister hatched. It is crossed with a frizzle and a polish. Her name is Kevin (named after the bird in the movie Up). She is only 4 months old. I love her markings and feathers. She is mostly black with a few feathers that have strans of brown and her feathers frizz out a little. She is a curious one. She is always looking around. Now she has jumped over the 3 foot fence so she can hang out with us when we are eating dinner on the patio. Just curious with what is around the patio. I try to pick her up daily so she will get used to me.

Well this is part of my family. I also have a husband of 10 years, a 16 year old daughter, a box turtle named Little Phil, and a Sulcata tortiose (no name yet).

I would like to show my girls to you but haven't figured out how to post pictures yet, any suggestions?

Storm

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
  3. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson, AZ and [​IMG] Your birds sound like fun.

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI...careful - chickens are addicting!! [​IMG]

5. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    [​IMG] from ct

6. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps