Hi all nice to meet every one

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by should of married omd, Jun 6, 2011.

1. should of married omd

should of married omd New Egg

Apr 27, 2011
    Hi everyone i am new to byc i have been reading a few post every now and then and trying to figure out how the forum works , i am new to the chicken world and enjoying it all......except for i lost my very first lil one very heart breaking....... i have a few questions if anyone would be so kind and share there knowledge i would be greatful...... i have two adult chickens and am wondering when i can put my teenagers in with them they are 2 months old i gave it a try yesterday but had to grab the younger ones out........ also wondering if anyone has buff orphingtons i purchased two at our local tractor supply each week in may they would have a feature breed as they are growing they are awfully red i thought they were suppose to be a carmel color just wondering if i didnt get the buffs or if maybe they are redder when younger.....i will start with these couple questions ....i want to say thanks to everyone for posting all the helpful info so happy to have found this forum

2. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    [​IMG]

As far as introducing the younger birds, do it slowly. Maybe set up and area where the older birds can see them but not attack them and them a little at a time let them get to know each other.

As far as the Orpingtons, I dont know the answer for sure but it sounds like you may have gotten a Rhode Island Red or other breed like that.

3. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Pride, La.

5. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

6. should of married omd

should of married omd New Egg

Apr 27, 2011
    thanks for all the welcomes

7. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Pennsylvania!

8. Grand-hen-ma

Grand-hen-ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Hudson Florida
    Hi, welcome from Hudson Florida.

9. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL
    [​IMG]
    I'm putting the bigger girls in the grow out pen 1 at a time for a night and a day. They apear to be getting to know eachother and the larger bird, being outnumbered and on unfamiliar ground, is taken down a notch in aggression.

10. Wileyps1

Wileyps1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Pennsdale, PA
    [​IMG] from PA [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by