Hi all! Totally new to chickens!! :)

Clucking Lovely

Songster
7 Years
Jun 22, 2016
Quebec, Canada
Hey everyone!
Last July I bought a big ol' house out in the country sitting one 1,25 acres of prime chicken real estate :)

I grew up in the country, i've had an array of farm pets, from goats to horses. Never chickens though.

Sunday, 8 hens came home, along with 2 ducklings :)

We unfortunately lost one of the hens last night. Ignorance on our part - the dogs got it. Lots of regrets there! Mostly about having dogs.... Kidding, love the mutts, but my whole little wanna-be farmer thing would be much easier if not for them. We've majorly reinforced the fencing since last night to say the least, poor girl. :(

Aside from chickens and ducks, we share our funny farm with 4 dogs - Layla, a husky mix, Samie a shepherd mix, Tucker a great pyrenees x chicken murderer and Nova a malamute. Also have 2 cats Duster and Pearl-Cat :) mega pet lovers. Theres also a 4 year old human in here somewhere too. Hes pretty cute, probably gonna keep him ;)

I look forward to chit chatting with all of you. I have so much to learn and Im pretty confident that i've come to the right place :)

Hello; glad you are here on BYC. I am raising my first flock and have found the members here to be very generous with their time and advice. Where are you in la belle province? Long, long ago I lived out on the west island.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Glad to hear that you are going to keep your little human - no eggs unfortunately, but i guess one free-loader is acceptable
big_smile.png
. You may wish to join your country thread - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/144/canadians-check-in-here.

All the best
CT

Oh, I hope the dogs get used to the chickens, not like, chicken food, but more like, ahhh, more pets. :/ Sorry you lost a girl to one of your dogs. I've lost a chicken to a ferrell cat before. Of course, one that I was really looking forward to seeing grown, since it was a Heritage breed.
Good luck on your new adventure where you are. Have fun checking out BYC!

Welcome to BYC, Sorry about your chicken :/ hope the rest of your flock is doing well. Enjoy your stay :D

Back
Top Bottom