Hi all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Misto, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Misto

Misto New Egg

Nov 11, 2015
    Hi everyone!

I am new here and you may find me a little strange. I don't actually have any chickens and I probably won't be getting any for some time. The thing is, I am just crazy about chickens--from afar! I love reading about them, learning, and looking at chicken pictures. So I decided to join this forum so that I could learn from people who are experiencing chickens first hand.

That said, I do hope to someday bring my love of chickens to my own backyard. I currently live in an apartment complex, however, so... It'll be a while.

I hope you don't mind having me around. I look forward to learning while I'm here!

2. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty Premium Member

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    Welcome to BYC! Glad to have you, I hope someday you can get chickens (or quail...they are nice and small.... [​IMG])

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. Misto

Misto New Egg

Nov 11, 2015
    Thanks for the welcomes! :)

5. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Sometimes, for various reasons, members are without chickens so you aren't alone. I hope you can get some somewhere down the road, they're a lot of fun and interesting little things.

If you want to join in the discussions, ask questions, etc. feel free to make yourself at home.

It's nice to have you here!

P.S. Pretty cat by the way, what's his/her name?

6. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    Welcome, come right on in, read, learn, chat and chip in. I just got chickens for eggs, but in just over three months I have learned how interesting they can be, how much there is to learn, and good grief are there a ton of breeds to learn about and select from. So you can enjoy all the great and helpful people here, study the breeds, plan coops, feeder, runs, and other plans, and be ready for the chicken math;)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  7. Misto

Misto New Egg

Nov 11, 2015

Thank you! His name is Paulie. He's been an important part of my life for ten years!

8. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    The "other pets & livestock" forum has all sorts of non-poultry animal posts on it. If you ever feel like sharing something about Paulie, that would be the place to do it. He's a handsome guy!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

9. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Feel free to join us even if you don't have chickens. Hopefully some day you will be in a spot where you can have them and you will have a lot of information to get you started.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by