1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pepper21, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Pepper21

Pepper21 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2017
    North central PA
    I'm Pepper. New chicken momma. My husband was raised on a farm, I in the burbs. We got some second hand chickens last year from an older gentleman who couldn't care for them anymore. This spring we decided to add to the flock. We have 7 mature hens and 10 chicks which are currently taking up residence in my spare bedroom. I've been stopping by backyardchickens quite frequently for research. I've been watching my chicks for weeks now and think I have them narrowed done to 4 EE hens and 2 roos. Not sure what the banties are yet, though when I looked at their wings when we first brought them home I'm thinking 3 hens and1 roo in that breed. I'll post pics here in another thread for some assistance with that. They don't sit still long enough to get great pics though. Anyway, I'm super grateful for all the info I've found so far from this site and hope to find more.
    Pepper

2. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Hi, and [​IMG] great to have you!

3. Pepper21

Apr 24, 2017
    North central PA
    Thank you. I'm really enjoying the site, learning about chickens and being a chicken mom. I'm a crazy researcher so reading the forum threads and all the information to be found is exciting!

4. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    I really like it too! There is a lot of helpful people who are happy to answer your questions!

1 person likes this.
  5. Pepper21

Apr 24, 2017
    North central PA
    Can you tell me how to upload a profile pic?

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Pepper [​IMG] Welcome!

I see you found the Breed & Gender Forum. I also see that you have a profile picture .. doing well!

Nothing left for me to do except say that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined us at Backyard Chickens Pepper, I know you will enjoy your chicks.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by