Hi all -

blippitydar

Chirping
Jul 20, 2018
Baton Rouge LA
Hi all. Newbie. Have raised a few kids, moving on to chickens. Chickens are easier. Have six 10 week old mixed mutts...best guess is that two have Buff Orpington traits, one looks Black Australorp, one Rhode Island Red and two Columbian Wyandotte. Roam the yard by day, cooped at dusk. They're cracking me up. Thinking there are 2 maybe 3 cockerels in there. The Rhode Island Red probably (?) and for sure the Black Australorp who at 10 weeks has made several VERY loud and disastrous-sounding crow attempts at 4:30 past few mornings. Posting pics to get insight on who else might be a crower because I'll need to find a forever home for those guys sooner than i thought! I'm thinking, in order: 1)pullet, 2)pullet, 3)pullet, 4)cockerel, 5)cockerel, 6)cockerel? #1, #2, and #3 give me no indication of cockerel. #4's tail has me wondering and I think I see saddle feathers starting that are different than its sister (#3). #5 is definite and crowing already. And #6 Red - I was hoping pullet because he/she's a character, but tail is arching and he/she talks to me a LOT. On the smaller side tho so not 100%. Thoughts?
1Hen-Daisy-02.jpg
2Hen-Gert-01.jpg
3Hen-Lucy-02.jpg
4UnsureWhite-01.jpg
5Rooster1-Marvin-01.jpg
6Rooster2-Maybe-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom