Hi all!

wisecane

Chirping
Aug 9, 2022
I'm brand new to the forum, thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Jim and my wife and two boys have a chicken coop. Right now our enclosed coop is 18'L X 9'W X 8'T, with an outside run that's 20 x 40.

We have a wooden henhouse with laying boxes inside the coop.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We started last August with 10. Coyotes got 7 of them. Currently re-designing our security.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Just 3 but we will go to 12-14 once the new measures are put in place.
(3) What breeds do you have? I know I have one RIR. i have a black chicken that lays dark brown eggs and a big yellow hen that lays very large speckeld eggs.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They help me unwind after work when I tend them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Hunting/fishing/beach
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. One wife (lol) four boys (two grown and gone) and a dog.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Internet search.

I'm brand new to the forum, thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Jim and my wife and two boys have a chicken coop. Right now our enclosed coop is 18'L X 9'W X 8'T, with an outside run that's 20 x 40.

We have a wooden henhouse with laying boxes inside the coop.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We started last August with 10. Coyotes got 7 of them. Currently re-designing our security.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? Just 3 but we will go to 12-14 once the new measures are put in place.
(3) What breeds do you have? I know I have one RIR. i have a black chicken that lays dark brown eggs and a big yellow hen that lays very large speckeld eggs.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They help me unwind after work when I tend them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Hunting/fishing/beach
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. One wife (lol) four boys (two grown and gone) and a dog.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Internet search.
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom