Hi, and ?s

Wtxchickens

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2018
Hi
We have 11, Rhode Island Red and golden sexlink. Coop @ 6’x8’x8’..run @ 4’-8’x25’ and covered by chain link. Should I expand run for next season? Avg 8 eggs/day, even now-(4 12oz scratch and 4 12oz layer feed, morning and afternoon, store bought suet @ 4-5/wk, appropriate scraps). Change anything for the colder side of winter???

Kiki

🙄✋Keeks
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to BYC!
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock!

Can you say what this means in a different way please:
even now-(4 12oz scratch and 4 12oz layer feed, morning and afternoon, store bought suet @ 4-5/wk, appropriate scraps).
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops
BYC has an APP

Wtxchickens

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2018
Welcome to BYC. More space is always better. Your dimensions may be a bit small especially in the winter.
I’m in west Texas, today was 75 but tonight will be near freezing, normal for us, 1st yr egg farmer. 4 red heat lamps 24/7, they lay in the coop on “choice property” landing between levels and about 1/2 lay up top, how do I post pics?

Kiki

🙄✋Keeks
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
I’m in west Texas, today was 75 but tonight will be near freezing, normal for us, 1st yr egg farmer. 4 red heat lamps 24/7, they lay in the coop on “choice property” landing between levels and about 1/2 lay up top, how do I post pics?
You have 4 real heat lamps? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm in Texas and have an open air coop and don't add added heat. Four seems extreme to me.

The video above shows how to upload photos.
Use the blue Upload a File button below this box.

Wtxchickens

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2018
One had a sour crop a few months back and I guess is distended, but she is mostly happy/healthy, we evacuate once in a while, she waits for the suet, excellent tan/white egg every other day. Should I keep her happy or warm the skillet
Welcome to BYC!

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops
BYC has an APP
Welcome to BYC!

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops
BYC has an APP
You have 4 real heat lamps? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm in Texas and have an open air coop and don't add added heat. Four seems extreme to me.

The video above shows how to upload photos.
Use the blue Upload a File button below this box.
like I said 1st timer, the wife wanted a chicken coop and doesn’t eat eggs, so here I am, I feel like they are doing great, friends are sick of eggs, how do I deal with a distended one who appears happy- Eula goodnight- she reminds me of Katherine Hepburn in rooster cogburn

Kiki

🙄✋Keeks
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
One had a sour crop a few months back and I guess is distended, but she is mostly happy/healthy, we evacuate once in a while, she waits for the suet, excellent tan/white egg every other day. Should I keep her happy or warm the skillet

like I said 1st timer, the wife wanted a chicken coop and doesn’t eat eggs, so here I am, I feel like they are doing great, friends are sick of eggs, how do I deal with a distended one who appears happy- Eula goodnight- she reminds me of Katherine Hepburn in rooster cogburn
Does she have a bad smell coming from her mouth?

Top Bottom