1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi and who's new too?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mydogismyfriend, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Mydogismyfriend

Mydogismyfriend New Egg

Mar 4, 2014
    Hi! I'm writing this with a baby chick sleeping on my lap! Sooooo cute. I just got 6 Light Brahma Chicks and I would love to know if anyone else who has them and might have some advice for me! I have sixteen chickens in my coop right now and one rooster. Oddly enough I get seventeen eggs a day...not going to question it. We tried to hatch chicks this year ourselves but the batch failed because it was so cold. Therefore we went to tractor supply and got the White Brahma's. Our current flock(not the chicks) consists of Americana's 2 Bantams and a Polish hen, some Rhode Island Reds for production and the rooster. The Americana's will sadly be dinner very soon and the Brahma's will fill their place. We also have sheep but I don't think that counts on a website for chickens :).

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Enjoy all your new babies and welcome to BYC!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC.

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. hallplantation

hallplantation Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2014
    Florida
    Welcome! I'm new to BYC as well. If I wasn't at work, I'd probably have one of my babies on my lap as well! Enjoy the new little ones :)

7. Mydogismyfriend

Mydogismyfriend New Egg

Mar 4, 2014
    Thanks so much! You are all so nice! [​IMG]

8. buzsaw58

buzsaw58 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2012
    Montgomery Tx.
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I am fairly new to, a few months short of a year. I live in Texas and we have 32 lapwing hens and 3 Roo's. I been getting on average 24 eggs a day. I have 7 different breeds and 5 of my girls are light Brahmas. Very pretty birds and some what friendly. All my girls were bought at the same time so they all get along well in according to the pecking order. They all seem to know their place. I a bit surprise that you are culling your EE's I love mine and I love the color of their eggs. Anyway getting long winded. Welcome and enjoy your chickens.

9. chickadee43773

chickadee43773 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2014
    Guernsey County, Ohio
    I'm new to raising chickens. Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by