Hi, Can you post pics of your fav hen and her eggs?

bluefeather2697

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 9, 2011
Hi to all of you!!
big_smile.png
Can u help me find the perfect egg-laying hen for me? I took care to many chickens but they're not egg layers. This time, its my time to have a breakfast making pet! Thanks 4 ur help!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Quote:
HI! thanks for that warm welcome.
big_smile.png
yes, i really love this smiley
big_smile.png

I already researched some egg-laying hens and their habits but I want to know more from experienced chicken owners like you.
big_smile.png

can u recommend any hen to me, a nice and friendly hen? thanks
big_smile.png

Rhode Island Red, can be very fun to have around and normally have a nice personality, also they are supreme egg layers, averageing 300 yearly.
White Leghorns, they can be flighty but are one of the best egg layers you can get, upwards of 300 yearly
bard rocks, fun birds to have around, fairly docile, and a good egg layer, 250 -280ish yearly

These are just a few of many breeds, but they are all nice birds and the RIR and BR can make good meat birds when the time comes.
best wishes!
-roxyblue

Quote:
HI! thanks for that warm welcome.
big_smile.png
yes, i really love this smiley
big_smile.png

I already researched some egg-laying hens and their habits but I want to know more from experienced chicken owners like you.
big_smile.png

can u recommend any hen to me, a nice and friendly hen? thanks
big_smile.png

My friendly hens are Barred Rocks and Dominiques. They lay smaller eggs and only about 3 a week.
My skiddish ones are the GREAT layers. They are Golden Sex Links. They lay from 5 to 7 eggs a week and the eggs are the perfact size.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom