Hi, Can you post pics of your fav hen and her eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bluefeather2697, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bluefeather2697

bluefeather2697 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    Hi to all of you!! [​IMG] Can u help me find the perfect egg-laying hen for me? I took care to many chickens but they're not egg layers. This time, its my time to have a breakfast making pet! Thanks 4 ur help! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] Looks like you like this smiley------> [​IMG]. [​IMG] I do too [​IMG]. lol

So what exactly do you wanna know?

3. bluefeather2697

bluefeather2697 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    Quote:HI! thanks for that warm welcome. [​IMG] yes, i really love this smiley [​IMG]
    I already researched some egg-laying hens and their habits but I want to know more from experienced chicken owners like you. [​IMG]
    can u recommend any hen to me, a nice and friendly hen? thanks [​IMG]

4. roxyblue

roxyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    Rhode Island Red, can be very fun to have around and normally have a nice personality, also they are supreme egg layers, averageing 300 yearly.
    White Leghorns, they can be flighty but are one of the best egg layers you can get, upwards of 300 yearly
    bard rocks, fun birds to have around, fairly docile, and a good egg layer, 250 -280ish yearly

These are just a few of many breeds, but they are all nice birds and the RIR and BR can make good meat birds when the time comes.
    best wishes!
    -roxyblue

5. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Australops or orpingtons?

Some kind of layer hybrid?

6. roxyblue

roxyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    pittsburgh, PA
    those breeds are also GREAT layers

7. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Quote:HI! thanks for that warm welcome. [​IMG] yes, i really love this smiley [​IMG]
    I already researched some egg-laying hens and their habits but I want to know more from experienced chicken owners like you. [​IMG]
    can u recommend any hen to me, a nice and friendly hen? thanks [​IMG]

My friendly hens are Barred Rocks and Dominiques. They lay smaller eggs and only about 3 a week.
    My skiddish ones are the GREAT layers. They are Golden Sex Links. They lay from 5 to 7 eggs a week and the eggs are the perfact size.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by