Hi chicken family

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by StaffFarms, Nov 8, 2018.

1. StaffFarms

StaffFarms In the Brooder

Nov 8, 2018
    Central Oklahoma
    Hi everyone that cherish their chickens. I have 5 chickens, 1 rooster and 2 ducks! My daughter and I raised from Chicks! Aflac the duck is the head honcho of the roost, rooster is 2nd in command. I also have chicks! 7 chicken chicks and 5 guinea chicks. We got our babies from a store. This is our second time with chickens. The last set was killed by a small army of raccoons! :( after a year I reinforced our coop and started off with chicks. So far 6 months later my chickens are great and I am loving my stress relief!

I will quit now as I could talk about all my babies all day!!

2. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. It sounds as if almost all the forums will be of interest to you :) This is the best place to hang out and talk chickens, without getting strange looks, so please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

3. Hushabyefarm

Hushabyefarm Chirping

Oct 18, 2018
    Central Ohio
    Hi, and welcome, you will find a wealth of information here and lots of support from so many people! I am also just starting over again with new little chicks after 5 years of an empty nest. I have found a ton of information that helps me with my new little chickens.

4. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Thanks for joining us! :woot

5. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    Welcome Wagon.gif It is very good to hear about keeping the new flock safe!

6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Welcome to BYC! This is the site that you can talk about your chickens at! We will be looking forward to reading stories about your's!

7. fldiver97

fldiver97 Crowing

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    My Coop
    Welcome!

8. sassysarah123

sassysarah123 Free Ranging

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:woot

9. N F C

N F C snowing & blowing

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    smiley welcome.gif

Hi, it's nice to have you here with us! Best of luck with the reinforced coop and new flock!

10. Callender Girl

Callender Girl Songster

Sep 18, 2018
    If you can talk about chickens all day, you've certainly come to the right place! And amen to the stress relief aspect. It's hard to stay upset when you have chicken entertainers to keep you occupied.

I like the make-up of your flock and Aflac is a great name for your duck. Sorry your first chicken adventure went badly; it's tough to start over when you've had to deal with deadly predators.

Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: