hi could someone help find a good coop my my chickens?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Singlemaple, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Singlemaple

Singlemaple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Merrimack NH
    hi,
    I have 13 chickens we are planing to get more right now i think we have a 4.5 x 4.5 x 5 coop with 2 roosting bars and 9 boxes in it but we want a bigger coop easier to clean we have 3 acres 2 gardens and 2 mini horses and 2 rabbits so we have a little farm here plenty of fertilizer! In the coop we have there is a wood plank under the roosting bars that are nailed in so we cant move it to clean it and the way the bar is set up it is hard to clean the plank. we also have a 10 x 15 run attached to the coop with more roosting bars out there.

we would like a larger coop possibly a walk in? i have been looking everywhere and i can not find a good plan that will explain anything properly or have any good pictures! it is bugging me!

Could anyone help me?

Thank you....

2. pkeeler

pkeeler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Shamong
  3. elmo

elmo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    DFW
    Quote:and ventilation! Don't forget that. Chickens need more ventilation than is provided in a typical shed.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:and ventilation! Don't forget that. Chickens need more ventilation than is provided in a typical shed.

So, a shed and a Saws-all (sp?) [​IMG]

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA

So, a shed and a Saws-all (sp?) [​IMG]

And hardware cloth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by