Hi could someone help me find out what breeds these are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Singlemaple, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Singlemaple

Singlemaple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Merrimack NH
    Hi,
    We bought 13 chickens this past summer and we are having a little trouble finding out what breeds they!
    All of them are hens ( no roosters yet but we are thinking about getting one ) We need to know what breeds they are cause we want some chicks but we don't to make a bad cross or what not so some help would be Greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
    PS. all of our chickens are free range they where having fun with the worms today its quite hard to get a good picture of chickens when they are scratching!

[​IMG]
    I believe in this picture we have a NH red in the middle and RI red in the back and a Plymouth rock
    [​IMG]
    A Rode Island Red ?
    [​IMG]
    Plymouth Rock ?
    [​IMG]
    Silver Spangled Hamburg?
    [​IMG]
    NH Red?
    [​IMG]
    Easter egger ? she lays green and blue eggs
    [​IMG]
    Columbian wyandotte or delaware?
    [​IMG]
    Im clueless on what breed this is
    [​IMG]
    Columbian wyandotte or delaware?
    [​IMG]
    wyandotte ?
    [​IMG]
    Another view of the white ones
    [​IMG]
    Australorp? they have a green hint to the feathers i tried to get that in the pictures
    [​IMG]
    Australorp?

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    The reds are all red sex-links--note the white feathers. At least one of the "australorp" is a cross--notice the partial crest in the first photo? The one you are cluelss on looks like a rooster, but the colouring matches a wheaten female's. Wyandotte's have rose combs, as do domeniques (I think I blew that spelling). Delawares have single combs as do plymouth rocks. Delawares also have barred feathering. Rocks have yellow skin/legs.

3. Singlemaple

Singlemaple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Merrimack NH
    thanks! all of these are hens they have all laid eggs so i think it might be a wheaten....

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:I agree.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by