Hi everyone, Do you remember me?

itsheavenicole

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 15, 2012
Hello everyone!
You all probably don't remember me, I was once here as "Nikki", about a year ago happened to be when I left the fourm.

I notice that there are many newbies here, and I don't see any of my old friends. Sadly.

But here are some things that have taken place in my family's live since my mother and I left the fourm.

November, 2. 2011.
Mom, My sister, and Myself went to the dentist. It was moms cleaning day, Mom had a stomach ache and I was starting to get one as well. After we left we went straight home, We got home and mom checked her temperature and she had a fever. Within 30 minutes, I had gotten one also.
Time went on and Mom was better, normal, no fever or any pain. As for me, I was only worse. high fever, Pain, fatigue, pale, weak, and a lot more.
This went on for a while, we thought it was walking pneaumonia, I was on antibiotic pills and in bed.

November, 25th. 2011.
Still sick, Weak, Pale, Fatigue, MAJOR weight loss (30lbs), and I could barely walk.
Mom tired getting me up that morning, I couldn't find my voice to tell her "Momma, I can't move.", I could only lay limp in the recliner.
that's all it took, We had to get somewhere fast.

Black Friday, the roads were filled.
We went to a local Urgent Care, well. when mom went in there was a 3hr wait. Sadly, I didn't have time for waiting.

as we sat in the car and thought "Where to go now?" Dad came up and said "Rocky mount memorial hospital".
when we got there, I was only able to walk a little until I had to sit down, I was signed in and taken back as soon as possible.

Blood tests, ew. Needles.
A forinsic nurse came in and took blood, they sent it out to be checked.
Within a hour, the ER doctor came in and announced that I had a form of Leukemia in my blood, and that I had to be tansported to Roanoke Memorial Hospital immidiately. Sitting in shock, with tears streaming down mine and my mothers face I softly told her "Momma, Im ready to die. But I just don't want to yet."..'

We got to Roanoke later that night, More needles. of course.
I was sent back to the PICU on a heart monitor. and stayed the night there.

The day after I was informed that I would have to have a Bone Marrow Biopsy done to determine what kind of Leukemia I had, I was scared, I had never had anything that involed happy medication (ansthesia medication), since my tonsils were removed.

We went in, I was put to sleep, and the Marrow was pulled. the after pain was HORRID. I just wanted to sleep afterwards. and thats was very unusual for me.

the doctor came in and told us it would be a bit before we got the acutal result, great. more waiting.

Four days later, Nov. 9th. 2011.
The doctor walked in, it was Me, Mom, Alex (oldest sister), and my dad.
quietly the doctor told Us. "Heaven, You have Acute Myeloid Leukemia, We need to start chemo as soon as possible".

I thought my mom was going to hit the floor, my sister grabbed her, Dad was sitting on the hospital couch beside my bed in tears, As for me. I just sat there, staring at the wall. lost, in shock. scared, thinking to myself "This is the end.."

A Piccline had to be placed, the first time they failed.
they redone it while I was under happy medication and while I got my LP. (Chemo in the spine).

January, I had a Double Lumen Porthacath placed in my chest, Which hopefully will be out soon
wee.gif

Six hard months of Chemo, with a few scares, and many battle scars, and a little bullying from others.
Here I am today. Healthy, Happy, stronger than ever and BLESSED to be alive!

As for now, Some of my blood counts are low. But we're praying they come up soon.
Another Bone Marrow Biopsy has been set for the 27th of this month.

hopefully NO relapse, I want to be able to make it to my one year survival.
It's that time again, things get harder as it creeps closer to the day I was diagnosed.
Its a sad time, yet. a happy time.

I pray you all have a wonderful Thankgiving, and remember. there are MANY things to be Thankful for. big or small things. Including life!

-Heaven
frow.gif

Last edited:
Wow, Nikki, you really HAVE had quite a year! I'm so sorry for all that you've had to go through, but it sounds like you're doing well. Prayers for a complete recovery.
fl.gif
hugs.gif

So glad to have you back here with us. Bless your heart, you have had a rough time of it. Just know that you are loved and valued and come back often to let us know how you are doing.

I am happy that you are feeling well enough to come back to BYC. I wish the best on complete remission.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom