Hi everyone..excited to be a new member!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ladydoc1992, Aug 26, 2011.

1. ladydoc1992

ladydoc1992 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2011
    Hartsville, SC
    Hi ya'll (insert very southern accent here!)

Terri from South Carolina chiming in. So glad to be a member of this forum..I have used it often to read up on needed chicken info in the past.
    Have a small flock of pampered hens as pets! My patients in the office ( I am a Chiropractor) laugh at my chicken stories and pictures.

Just received Serama eggs in the mail and put them in the incubator last night..so very excited to (hopefully ) be a baby chicken mommie! I have read that hatching Seramas in the 'bator is difficult, so hopefully the experts on this forum can help me thru it!!

My dad and I have always raised pure breed dogs..great danes, dobermans, and now Carolina Wild dogs. So , I guess raising critters is in my blood!

Got a feeling I'm just gona fall in love with these little Seramas, even the roo's! (never allowed a roo before!)

Any specific tips on successfully raising Seramas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Ya'll!

2. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    welcome!!! [​IMG]

3. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    [​IMG] from San Diego!! I know nothing about Serama's...I've been told it's kind of a fragile breed. [​IMG]

Yes, chickens are entertaining. Put up a few chicken pictures in your office and you'll have people talking non stop. They do that to people!! [​IMG]

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hey ladydoc and welcome from Ohio!

My MD doctors have chickens too, and we talk chicken every time I go into the office! I just LOVE IT! You should put some chicken pictures up on the walls......

Glad you joined and good luck with the Seramas.....I can't give any advice there, because I haven't hatched them!

Take care,
    Sharon

5. discoveregg

discoveregg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG] from Idaho! Glad to have you join us! What is a Carolina Wild Dog? I'd love to see a picture...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  6. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, ladydoc! Happy to have you on BYC!! [​IMG] Best of luck with your pampered hens! [​IMG] Carolina Wild Dogs? [​IMG]

9. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

[​IMG]

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by