Hi everyone from California~~

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickaholic77, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Hi all my name is Brandy. I am a Mom, wife and chicken owner with a lot of questions LOL! I found this forum due to all my questions and HAD to join! I am obsessed and I think I need a support group for Chicken obsession LOL! I may have found it here ;-) We have 6 chickens and they are about 6 months old. We got them on July 1st 2010 from a local feed store but I'm not sure how old they are when the store can sell them? They were little babies and so cute! We just got our 1st egg last week and our count is 6 total eggs now! Today there were two eggs this morning and we are very excited! I think we have 3 Americanas, 2 Bantams and 1 Polock...I think I totally butchered those names sorry LOL. Anyways we have 2 brown and black, one yellow, two black and white and one all black with a white mohawk. They are supposed to lay green, brown and blue eggs. So far we have only brown eggs and I think its the 2 black and white ones (Princess and Checkers). Our chickens are our pets and so far we love them! I'm happy to have found this group and look forward to talking to you all [​IMG]

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

Hi from Arizona!

3. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] from Alabama.... Glad you joined us!

4. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] From Grass Valley California [​IMG] BYC members are always happy to help answer your questions [​IMG]

5. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

[​IMG] from Mississippi, glad you joined us!

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. I think you will like it here. Hatcheries send out chicks soon after they dry, because chicks can survive on the yolk they absorbed before hatching for up to 72 hrs. This is why they are shipped out ASAP. [​IMG]

7. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    [​IMG] Hi! [​IMG]

8. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from North Carolina

9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

There is a chicken addiction support group here.
    They help you get more. [​IMG]

Imp

10. Thank you all for the welcomes [​IMG] I'm so glad to be a part and LOL about the "help you get more"!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by