1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie pekin duck owner!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LuckyDucky788, May 8, 2015.

1. LuckyDucky788

LuckyDucky788 New Egg

May 8, 2015
    Rose hill, nc
    So I've been following this site for a few weeks now. I was lead here by Google when I was researching information about caring for my beautiful ducky. Just about every Question I've had has brought me here! I've finally decided to join the site. Thank you for all of the great advice, you guys have helped me raise her so well! I never ever thought I could fall in love with a duck, she's the absolute, sweetest little thing in the world. She's cuddling with me now, lol. Thanks again everyone!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Do you know you can find duck threads at "Other Backyard Poultry," forum above. They can probably give you much better information when you have duck questions.

Welcome to Backyard chickens, hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

3. LuckyDucky788

LuckyDucky788 New Egg

May 8, 2015
    Rose hill, nc
    Nope, didn't know that but I do now! Thanks, I will do that. I'm sure I will enjoy it.

4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. Your duck sounds like a sweetheart, what's not to love? They're big balls of personalities. :D

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. nj2wv

nj2wv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    Welcome to BYC !!

8. Mermaidpekin

Mermaidpekin New Egg

Dec 25, 2015
    Hello Pekin Lovers!

I believe I'm in the right place! I NEED your HELP! Please. We just got our gorgeous baby pekins on November 3rd. Our HOA decided to change the ordinances and making us get rid of our 4 sweet chickens we had for almost 3 years and now our Pekins and our pekins have grown since November to gorgeous ducks. We keep our animals nice and safe and happy. It is very heartbreaking for us and we want to find homes for our Pekins as it is near to impossible for anyone to want ducks. So I thought Pekin people would be my answer. Please help me, we have until January 31 and then will be getting big fines and lein on our home. We live in N. California. Thank you guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by