Hi everyone I'm CIndy from Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bindigirl45, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Bindigirl45

Bindigirl45 New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    Hi everyone I'm Cindy from Australia I'm new to the chicken world and I'm loving it, I'm on day 18 of my very first incubation of silkie eggs and playing the waiting game , Its a learning curve for me so I would be more than happy to get at least one from the 7 eggs I have left,I have found this site really insightful and have learnt so much already.Thanks everyone.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    G'day, and welcome to BYC, Cindy. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hatch.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Cindy, nice to meet you. Silkies are a very popular breed, and generally make fantastic broodies. I'm guessing your silkies are full sized. In USA we only have the bantam ones. BYC has quite a few dedicated silkie threads, mostly by color: nothing but partridge, Buff silkies etc. The Biggest thread is "Silkie thread." you can put that in the search box and it should pop up.

We also have a great aussie thread"Australia, six states and one funny little island." Hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. Sending good hatching vibes your way[​IMG]

4. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Cindy

Glad you could join the flock! Great to hear you have found BYC so helpful. Wishing you the very best of luck with your silkie eggs that you have in the incubator. Hope you have a great hatch. Those last 3 days always seem to be the longest!! They certainly are for me.

Enjoy BYC :frow

6. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Welcome to BYC! Good luck with your hatch, I'm sure you are very excited! :D

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

8. 6275Smith

6275Smith Chillin' With My Peeps

From another newbie, Welcome, Cindy![​IMG]

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC, Cindy![​IMG] I'm glad you joined us.

I hope the hatching goes well! The last three days of incubation are always the most exciting.[​IMG]

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by