Hi, everyone!! I'm so excited to be here!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FreedomFarm13, Mar 20, 2015.

1. FreedomFarm13

FreedomFarm13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2015
    Arkansas
    Hi, my name is Lindsey and I live in Arkansas! I've been a lurker on this site for quite a while, and finally decided it was time to join. I have high hopes for my growing flock and knew I would need the advice of other poultry enthusiasts. My mom and I just bought a property where we plan on starting our own self-sufficient homestead, so naturally we're gonna need some chickies! I actually plan on having TONS of animals; horses, a cow or two, sheep, pigs, rabbits, ducks, and chickens. I'm mostly interested in the rarer, more showy breeds, because I just think they're beautiful. I really want Barred Rocks, Wyandottes, Buff Orpingtons, and some Rhode Island Reds, as far as the chickens go, and I want Cayugas, Silver Appleyards, Welsh Harlequins, Rouens, and Pekins for my duck breeds. I actually just got started with the first additions to my flock yesterday: I bought four Cuckoo Maran chicks that are about a week old, all girls, and they're ADORABLE!!! Here's pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their names are Milli, Tilly, Lucy, and Olive. Olive is the one in my hand....she's kinda my favorite, cuz she's the boss, and she's the second smallest. Milli is the smallest, and her full name is Millimeter, lol. Anyways, that's me and my flock!! We're happy to be here!!!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Lindsey, welcome to BYC.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. FreedomFarm13

FreedomFarm13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2015
    Arkansas
    Thank you! I have a quick question: How do I make the little signatures at the bottom that everyone has? I haven't been able to figure out how yet. Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Go to "My Profile" (link should be to the top right of the page), then scroll down to near the bottom to "Your Forum Signature" and then "Edit Signature" to write it in.

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

So glad you've decided to come out of the shadows! Great little starter flock you have there!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Hello and welcome to BYC!

9. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Loving the Autumn Weather Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Hello [​IMG]and Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] I'm glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by