Hi Everyone!! Mom to 23 feathered chicks!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NgocHanson, Feb 13, 2018.

1. NgocHanson

NgocHanson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2018
    Hello everyone,
    2nd year raising feathered babies. I started last year with 12 chicks from the tractor supply store, ended with 8 lovely gals (1 Rhode Island Red, 2 Golden Sexlinks, 5 black Pullets mix hen) It went so well with our ladies that we decided to add 15 more babies to our flock. We added 2 Easter Eggers, 4 Olive Eggers, 4 Plymouth Rocks, and 5 Brahmas.. They have finally started laying, I got a nice varieties of colored eggs. I have been selling my eggs for $3 dozen. For first-time buyers I also include a color cartoon that they keep and to refill. I charge $4 and then the refills are $3. We've been getting about 16 to 17 eggs a day my older girls haven't been producing as much. I hope I'm charging enough for my eggs, I put at least one blue egg and two different olives and the rest are brown ranges to light color cream. And oh yeah we live in Cedar Park Texas. Can't wait to see what else I can learn and share!!!
    Smiles,
    Ngoc ( pronounced knock)

2. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Please read more Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
    :yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

Pork Pie Ken, Plip and 007Sean like this.
  3. FrankieDoodle

FrankieDoodle Overrun With Chickens

Jul 29, 2017
    California
    Welcome to BYC!!!

4. 007Sean

007Sean Chicken Obsessed

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I really like the way you handle egg sales. I would think that would put your first in line
    when someone new wants fresh eggs. Welcome to BYC:thumbsup

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Ngoc, Ngoc,
    Who's there?
    A new member of BYC!
    Welcome to the flock!

Pork Pie Ken, Plip, Teila and 2 others like this.
  7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

:clap

Pork Pie Ken and Plip like this.
  8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Ngoc :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

I note you mention you are from Texas, but if you include your general location on your profile, this will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

BYC has Topic of the Week articles which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Pork Pie Ken, 007Sean and Plip like this.
  9. Plip

Plip Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    NW Washington State
    Welcome Ngoc! Great to have you at BYC!

Pork Pie Ken, 007Sean and NgocHanson like this.
  10. Smuvers Farm

Smuvers Farm Melvin Up the Taterhole Premium Member

Feb 16, 2017
    TN/Western KY Border
    :welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here !

A must have for your poultry is a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit.1150128/)
    It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.47774/) Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it!

One last thing, if you're into gardening, feel free to join this years SEED SWAP (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/seed-swap.1220129/)

Pork Pie Ken, 007Sean and Plip like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by