Hi Everyone! Nice to "meet" you! - from the Pacific NW state of Washington!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thecuriouslynx, Jan 13, 2013.

1. thecuriouslynx

thecuriouslynx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    Hi All from the Pacific Northwest state of Washington! Been years since I have been around chicken and I am the happy slave of 19 chickens and wanting more. Their "cluck" is my command! [​IMG] Believe me, I have some wonderful hens that will follow me around and oversee my every move to make sure I have done things right. LOL! Ok, I have some spoiled friendly chickens. I'm not the only one though am I? I know I will have lots of questions for all of you as I get going In this endeavor. And who know's maybe I'll have something to contribute too. Let's see what else can I tell you about me.. my life philosophy goes something like a sign I once saw.. If you have made it past 50 and haven't grown up yet, then you don't have to! I grew up with chickens a long time ago, helped grandma collect eggs and meat for the table. They weren't anything special and I don't even remember what breed they were R.I. Reds maybe. I have a few different breeds right now some Ameracauna's, Cuckoo Marans and Buckeyes. I want to breed the Ameraucana's and Buckeyes for breed type but my real focus is for broodiness. Not an easy task I'm told but it's my goal. Love momma's with babies! If anyone out there has any advice please respond! I am also looking for anyone in the area of Spokane who has broody hens which are slowing down their egg production business and are willing to sell those broody hens. Please contact me. [email protected] I will take any breed to start off with.

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] A bit of non-chicken advice first: don't put your email on a busy site such as this with so much traffic. It will make you an easy target for spammers. Rather ask people to PM you.

If you want a really broody breed I'd suggest getting a Silkie or 2. Those things are walking, clucking incubators! Seriously, they are legendary. Look for your state thread here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

And see if anyone near you has a broody they can spare for you. Have fun!

1 person likes this.
  3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!!! :)

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    "Their cluck is my command" - that says it all. Welcome to the BYC community.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, curiouslynx, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Good luck to you and your hens!!

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!!

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

9. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

10. thecuriouslynx

thecuriouslynx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    Thank you for the wonderful welcomes! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by