Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Outpost JWB, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    I'm not new to chickens, just dropping in to say hello to everyone and let you all know I am here to help whenever I can. I am learning everyday about chickens. We currently have a little over 100 chickens, 9 rabbits, 1 dog, 1 sun conure, and 1 kitten. :D

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

A sun conure! I have one hen, a jenday male, and one three year old offspring of the sun and jenday. My pair destroys their eggs as soon as they start to hatch. I'm hoping that my tiny serama hens will be able to hatch the conure eggs. Both, my wife and I are experienced in hand feeding. I dislike using incubators. Previously we used an aged pair of cockatiels to hatch and foster the chicks for the first week. Unfortunately the cockatiel pair died last winter at 16 years ofd age. Welcome to BYC.

And what kind of chickens?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    What a great idea! I used to have a peach faced lovebird and a fischer's lovebird. The peach faced laid SO MANY EGGS! The Fischer appeared to be doing his job in the nest box, then when he finally came out, she had pecked him nearly to death. I could never get the eggs to hatch.

I've also had various finches and a cockatiel. I've had my sun conure (Pasqually) for 6 years now. He is a rescue bird and is missing one of his toes due to neglect from previous owner. He's very pretty and super cool. He loves to dance! I also had a nanday conure. I had to re home him because he & pasqually were so loud the neighbors complained.

4. Outpost JWB

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Oh, yes, the chickens....we have a whole big mix. Rhode Island reds, Easter eggers, buff orpingtons, barred rocks, blue copper french Maran, crested cream legbar, speckled Sussex, light brama, austrolorpe, black jersey Giants, and of course barnyard mixes. I'm sure I forgot some of the breeds.

5. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015
    Locally I am known as the bird man. I started raising birds when I was 12 and now I'm 61. Over the years I have raised hundreds of different species of birds, mammals, fish, and plants. Right now I'm fascinated with my serama bantams. I look forward to seeing and hearing about your "zoo".[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very large flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. MaPoulet11

MaPoulet11 New Egg

Nov 18, 2015
    Hi,

I'm somewhat new to chickens or I should say I am experiencing a new issue and found this site.

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Outpost! [​IMG]

I'll probably see you later today, have a good one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by