Hi everyone!

SlikerFarm

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2016
I've benefited from the advice on this site for awhile, but now that I'm hatching I decided to join. I am hatching guinea hens right now, and have a batch of mixed chickens that will hopefully hatch next week.

We have a wide variety of fowl - mostly rescues. (The guinea hens were saved from a raccoon.) We have four ducks (one pekin and three welsh halequin), twelve chickens (including 2 roosters, mixed breeds, barred rocks, rhode island reds, an americana and a leghorn), guinea hens, and two clutches of eggs (one in incubator, one w/broody hens).

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
- glad that you have joined us. You seem to have quite a menagerie there! There are specific forums for ducks and guineas. In terms of hatching, theres the "Hatch-a-long" thread, "hatching and incubating eggs" forum that you may find useful. (type the titles in the search box, and they will pop up).

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

All the best
CT

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You've got a wonderful flock of birds! Best of luck with the hatches!

Thank you everyone! Two of the keets hatched no problem, one died after piping (I did an autopsy - appeared to be malformed), and one wasn't positioned well in the egg and got stuck. After a few hours I gave in and helped. It seems to be doing well, fingers crossed! The final egg appears to be a dud, but I'll give it another day.

Back
Top Bottom