Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SlikerFarm, Jun 3, 2016.

1. SlikerFarm

SlikerFarm Just Hatched

Jun 3, 2016
    I've benefited from the advice on this site for awhile, but now that I'm hatching I decided to join. I am hatching guinea hens right now, and have a batch of mixed chickens that will hopefully hatch next week.

We have a wide variety of fowl - mostly rescues. (The guinea hens were saved from a raccoon.) We have four ducks (one pekin and three welsh halequin), twelve chickens (including 2 roosters, mixed breeds, barred rocks, rhode island reds, an americana and a leghorn), guinea hens, and two clutches of eggs (one in incubator, one w/broody hens).

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us. You seem to have quite a menagerie there! There are specific forums for ducks and guineas. In terms of hatching, theres the "Hatch-a-long" thread, "hatching and incubating eggs" forum that you may find useful. (type the titles in the search box, and they will pop up).

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

All the best
    CT

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens.

5. bigredshaverhen

bigredshaverhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2014
    Under your bed
    Welcome to

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] You've got a wonderful flock of birds! Best of luck with the hatches!

7. SlikerFarm

SlikerFarm Just Hatched

Jun 3, 2016
    Thank you everyone! Two of the keets hatched no problem, one died after piping (I did an autopsy - appeared to be malformed), and one wasn't positioned well in the egg and got stuck. After a few hours I gave in and helped. It seems to be doing well, fingers crossed! The final egg appears to be a dud, but I'll give it another day.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by