Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by gypc84, Jun 9, 2016.

1. gypc84

gypc84 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2016
    Hello everyone, I live on 40 acres in Iowa, we raise Myotonic goats and have expanded into poultry. Right now we have Black Australorpes, a few muscovy ducks, one Jersey Giant rooster who provides us with endless entertainment and 7 Ayam Cemani chicks. We are considering expanding our cemani flock and starting to raise them and possibly more giants. I look forward to learning more about chickens and talking to everyone that has much more experience than I do.

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 November....... my favorite month Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Please make yourself at home!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Those Cemani's are gorgeous birds. I have considered keeping them for quite some time now.

Good luck with all your poultry adventures. So pull up a roost bar and we do welcome you to our flock!

5. MNChickenChick

MNChickenChick New Egg

Jun 9, 2016
    Minnesota
    Hello neighbor! (I'm from Minnesota [​IMG]) Can I ask what myotonic goats are? I have not heard of them before! When you say you are considering adding more to your flock... the answer is always yes!! [​IMG]haha these darn birds are addicting and such a fun hobby to have!!

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to our community. I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

All the best
    CT

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    One of my BYCer friends in California had fainting goats. She posted many videos of them and they were so funny. They would head butt each other and then fall over. As they matured they fainted less and less. Just maybe a twitch in the leg. One loved to shove her head thru the gate and then couldn't retreat because her horns got stuck. No fainting but, she would patiently wait till somehow saw and rescued her.

8. gypc84

gypc84 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2016
    Hello every, Myotonic goats, also sometimes called fainting goats, are a large meat goat breed. Myotonics are more for meat production, where as many "fainting goats" are smaller and usually just pets. I look forward to learning and expanding our chicken adventure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by