Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lucyanddom, Aug 21, 2016.

1. lucyanddom

lucyanddom New Egg

Aug 21, 2016
    Hello! my partner and I are on a Hobbie farmers lots of beautiful girls and boys. We have lots of different colour aracunas, leghorns, isa brown, barnevelders, legbar, austrolorps, light Sussex, Pekin, Plymouth rocks, well summer and a maran cross. They enjoy roaming through the paddocks with all of out other animals . We have had our main 10 chickens for three years now and always bought off the same breeder, until moving to Barossa where I purchased a pair of silkies which made everyone sick before they passed away and costed a lot on antibiotics! I used backyard chickens posts to help find out what was happening to my flock and thanks to this page i was able to Ive them an antibiotic that was actually effective and in the end only lost 2 birds. So hello and thank you for accepting me into the backyard chicken forum !

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you decided to join us.

3. lcole

lcole New Egg

Aug 21, 2016
    Bakersfield Ca
    Hi! I am brand new to chickens. We live in Bakersfield ca. We have a 9 and 5 year old girl. My grandpa always told me get back to basics and it finally hit home. I am planning a chicken coop and run and am so excited to get the girls outdoors to help me build the coop and tend to the chickens. I will look to this forum for advice and to share my experience!

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Well...welcome to the both of you! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to you both - great to have new members join us. I hope that you both enjoy being members as much as the rest of us.

Best wishes
    CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad that BYC has been of help to you already

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings to both of you and :welcome. Thank you for joining our community! :)

8. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

Hello from South Dakota and Welcome to the backyard chickens flock! [​IMG][​IMG]

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by