Hi Everyone!

Stacy124720

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2019
Maine
Hi Everyone! I am new to keeping chickens and new to Maine as well. So far so good on both counts! There have been some issues, but nothings ever problem free, right? (One of the pullets was a cockerel, a few injuries, and construction of the run )... We got 8 mail order chicks in June, built a coop from a kit, then added a run. We put plastic sheeting on the run for winter, with some spaces without sheeting for ventilation. It must be good for them because they are out playing in the run even when it's single digits and snowing, and laying eggs all winter. Any time I have had questions I look to BYC and have found great advice and guidance. I hope to share some of the things I tried that were successful, so that it may help others as well!:frow
I forgot to mention I have a Dominique, a Barred Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Buckeye, a New Jersey Giant, Easter Egger, and a Blue Black Splash Orpington. I love spending time with them and watching them free range (when it's not winter!) My biggest surprise as a newbie was how interactive fun and smart they can be. They all make a certain sound to me in greeting, like a high purry yooooohoooooooooooo. I wonder, is that my chicken name? 😊

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom