Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cutiecochingirl, May 13, 2010.

1. cutiecochingirl

cutiecochingirl Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2010
    Indiana
    My name is Mimi, and chicken_china_mom is my mom. I'm in 4-H and I'm going to take some of my birds to show there this year. Last year I took some Silkies and I won 1st place and Best in Show, but they weren't my birds cause mine weren't old enough. So this year I'm excited cause I get to take my own birds! I have LOTS of birds. My favorites are Petunia my barred cochin hen, Hailey my bantam buff orpington hen, Pebbles my mottled cochin hen, Buddy my barred cochin rooster, Hope my new little baby barred rock pullet, Millie my mille fleur d'uccle hen, and Jojo, my bantam buff orpington rooster. I also like my little quail antwerp chick Hoot. She's so cute! Here are some pictures of my birds:

This is my chick Hoot when we first got her:
    [​IMG]

This is Millie. She just turned 1:
    [​IMG]

And this is my Petunia. She's my very favorite. She's so sweet and likes to go roller skating with me and my sister, and she rides in the wagon with me around the block. She also likes to swing with me.
    [​IMG]

That's some of my favorite chickens. I like to sing and dance, and I make my own dance moves. I also like to play soccer. I hope to learn a lot about chickens on here. So, hi everyone! And hello to all the other new eggs on here!

2. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Hiya Mimi!! So glad you are here. Your chickens are adorable!! It sounds like Petunia really likes you and you take very good care of her. I can't wait to hear your adventures on showing this year!

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Well, that's wonderful that it is a BYC family! Cool! I am glad you are here, and thanks for posting the pics! That is a great one of the chick! [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC!!

4. fanniefarkle

fanniefarkle Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2010
    North Georgia
    Hi, Mimi! thanks for sharing your photos of your sweeties.

5. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from PA! I just love the colors on your Millie! She's a beauty for sure. Good luck on 4-H this summer - I can't wait for our county fair because my favorite part is all the animals you great 4-H'ers show! [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So nice to meet you. My DD showed her bantam barred cochins along with many other animals in 4-H. You couldn't have picked a better organization to belong to. Good luck showing. [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hey Mimi! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Love your birds, they're so pretty!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Mama&thePeeps

Mama&thePeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Tennessee
    Hi and welcome! What a great group of chickens you have. Goodluck!

9. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    Welcome from Alabama!
    Great-looking chickens you have there. Mille is especially eye-catching!

10. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by