Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Claudettebillie, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Claudettebillie

Claudettebillie New Egg

Aug 4, 2010
    I found the nifty questionaire from another thread and decided I'd fill it out.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    I am BRAND new to chickens, and I don't have one yet but am thinking about getting a rooster. My neighbors have one and want him gone, and I would like to have him.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    Zero

(3) What breeds do you have?
    N/A

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    Google, as I was trying to find SOME place where I can get my questions answered!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    Ferrets, ferrets ferrets ferrets! I love any animal, but none have connected with me quite as close as my ferrets have. They are my life. I am also very into photography and image editing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    My name is Emilee, and I am owned currently by a dog (Bichon) , cat, and two ferrets. I am getting a third ferret in about three weeks though, I've been waiting to get him since April and I can't believe it's finally happening! I live in northern Maine. I'd like to ask if someone could help me out and suggest some things for roosters. I'm not quite sure if there is like, a brand I should feed him, if he will be okay in a northern Maine winter, and just exactly what he needs for housing. I am COMPLETELY new to Chicken World, and I want the rooster to be happy if I end up getting him! His crow is just too adorable and every morning I will sit outside just to listen to him. [​IMG]

Thanks, guys!

2. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana

3. Claudettebillie

Claudettebillie New Egg

Aug 4, 2010
    Thank you! [​IMG]

4. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from the heat... I mean "heart" of Dixie! [​IMG]

5. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from south carolina/fla. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Welcome. This forum is a wealth of help and info. But for starters I would talk to the people that are giving you the rooster. They should have knowledge about chickens seeing as they already have them. Another great source of info is a book called "storey's guide to raising chickens". I read it cover to cover before i got chickens. I still refer back to it when I'm not sure of something. Good luck and welcome again.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by